The Project Superintendent will be responsible for carrying out the day to day construction activities and site management for high-end custom homes.
• Ensure safe working conditions
• Provide direction to all Subs, Vendors, Project Engineer, Consultants, etc.
• Problem solve and maintain flow and momentum while increasing quality finished products
• Create solutions for vendors and subs to ensure a good working environment
• Oversee daily job records of progress, such as RFI Log, RFP Log, Submittal Log, ASI Log etc.
• Deliver project(s) on time and on budget. Track construction budget including, subcontractor contract amounts, allowances, contingency, T&M work, change orders, etc.
• Provide leadership in developing the company culture and focus on high quality efficient production on the project site
• Influence others internally and externally at all levels of the organization to work as a team to problem solve
• Ensure teams have the resources and support to provide far superior service
• Create and maintain CPM schedule to be used by the project team and subcontractors.
• Develop team meeting agendas and lead/ direct weekly Client meetings.
• Track and notify Construction Manager of schedule delays and prepare schedule delay claims as needed.
Ensure that all project plans are properly prepared for bid, so that bidding is completed and correctly set up to prevent/ reduce change orders and constructability issues in the field.
• Validate that construction plans are accurate and reflect most current specifications, and issue RFIs accordingly.
• Guarantee that all documentation required for an effective bid are received in a timely manner to support the production schedules
• Ensure scopes of work are provided to all bidders.
• Drive the bidding process to ensure all costs are negotiated to be cost effective, all-inclusive and timely
• Provide rough orders of magnitude per the Client and/or Architects’ request.
Product and Budget Related
• Ensure all price changes are properly approved prior to implementation
• Manage contracting process to ensure all subcontractors meet company mandates
• Develop an effective monthly process to validate that all base costs are current and entered correctly into the system
• Review and validate change orders. Issue Owner change orders in a timely manner and notify team of any potential change orders.
• Drive value-engineering efforts to ensure the most cost effective product. Provide recommendations to reduce costs
• Monitor and manage permitting process and build schedules
Qualified candidates will have 6+ years of experience leading a high-quality custom home process on time and on budget. You must also enjoy the busy nature of a rapid growth environment- improving schedules and reducing costs while continuing to deliver high quality standards. You must be able to be responsive to both internal and external clients.
• Minimum of 6+ years of project management experience with at least 10 years in the construction industry.
• Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or Architecture preferred.
• Present effective communication routines for project updates to company management
• Demonstrated success in leading team of builders and construction teams; including using a variety of approaches to help others develop to their fullest potential
• Manage multiple tasks.
• Strong organizational, problem solving, verbal and written communication skills.
• Self-motivated and results oriented.
• Portray a positive attitude and demonstrate professional customer service skills
• Familiarity with Procore is beneficial but not required.
• Efficiency in MS Excel, Word, and Project is required.
To be considered for this position, please provide resume, project history, and salary requirements.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers