compensation: Depends on Experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
POSITION TITLE: MANAGER or ASSISTANT MANAGER
TYPE OF RESTAURANT: High Demand Fast Paced Full Service Casual Dining Serving Asian Cuisine
POSITION SUMMARY: As a Manager, you will oversee the day to day necessities of the business. You will oversee the floor and restaurant staff, ensuring quality of service, high standards, and ultimately driving sales. This role will also involve dealing with guests to ensure a premium service is always delivered and food quality is consistent. Must be able to work closely with Kitchen Manager. Looking for long term commitment. Someone with experience to take the business to another level.
• 3-5 years of management experience in a high paced restaurant.
• Supervisory, administrative and sales experience required.
• Financial and staff management experience required, e. g. ability to analyze financial statements, develop operating budgets, forecasting, and scheduling of staff.
• Strong computer skills, especially with Excel, Work and various POS systems
• Must have all required Work Cards and PIC certified.
• Must possess a positive and solution-oriented attitude.
• Ability to effectively deal with internal and external guests, some of whom will require levels of patience and tact as well as diplomacy to diffuse anger, collect factual information, and resolve conflict to resolution required.
• Ability to exercise good judgment in making decisions.
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, have a sense of urgency to complete projects and be detail oriented.
• Must be an advocate of exceptional customer service.
• Must be flexible regarding change as well as willing and able to understand company policies and appropriately support them.
• Must be able to communicate fluently in English (written and oral) with customers and co-workers over the telephone and in person as well as in the written form mostly through emails and letters.
• Leadership, problem solving, organizational and communication skills required.
• Position will require working a various schedule of weekdays, weekends, holidays and evenings at various times throughout the year.
• Maintain the highest standards of food and beverage quality, guest service, cost control and consistency in accordance with Management expectations.
• Delegate responsibility to the management team as needed and enforce existing policy consistently.
• Oversee and participate in the hiring, training, supervision, management, coaching, counseling, and evaluation of all members of the team.
• Process the weekly schedule and payroll for the hourly staff, conduct pre-shift meetings and assist team members with any inquiries.
• Develop and implement operating standards, policies and procedures to be followed by the management team.
• Excellent communication skills required, both verbally and in writing, to provide clear direction to the management and service teams.
• Assign and instruct the staff and managers in the details of their work. Observe performance and encourage improvement where necessary.
• Operate with an open-door policy, listen to and understand requests of the team and respond with appropriate actions and provide accurate information.
• Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situations and/or heavy activity, serving as a role model for the management team and other team members. Interact with all department personnel as needed.
• Ensure proper inventory levels are maintained for facilitating proper operations, establish and enforce strict inventory controls, and participate in monthly inventory reconciliations in conjunction with the Operations and Finance team.
• Make decisions and take actions based on previous experience and good judgment, sometimes revising procedures to accommodate unusual situations.
• Ensure that no members of staff are permitted to work if they are not suitably dressed, groomed or have their proper work cards.
• Develop and implement cost saving and profit enhancement measures.
• Maintain positive and professional relations with vendors. Manage interaction of vendors on property with our staff.
• Monitor labor costs and monitor the venue’s budget to ensure efficient operations, including achieving budgeted revenue and labor expenses are being met.
• Focus on succession management, training and development of all team members.
• Monitor guest satisfaction on all levels, including social media platforms.
• Ensure health, safety and sanitation requirements are in compliance with the Health Department, OSHA, Fire Department and any city or state agencies.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers