Job Title: Full Time Human Resources Manager
Location: Hollywood, CA
Wage/ Salary: Please share salary expectations
We are an expanding culinary branded business based in Hollywood. Our company has individual entities within the following categories: Restaurants, Catering, Product manufacturing, Commercial partnerships, recipe development, media and events. Policies for each business entity may vary according to employment laws and operational procedures.
- Process time sheets / payroll for 100+ employees.
- Monitor breaks, OT and compliance.
- Manage, assist, and process tasks related to health insurance and benefits, and unemployment claims documentation.
- Prepare HR reports, filings and correspondence.
- Handle candidate applications for new positions; including but not limited to, placing ads, screening candidates, setting up interviews, employment verification, reference / background checks and processing new hire documents / onboarding. Assist in employment termination process.
- Ensure HR policies and procedures are communicated and followed.
- Identifies training needs/ issues, designs and conducts training and development programs and supports the development, implementation, and assessment of on-going training programs.
- Distribute and manage new hire paperwork and conduct orientations
- Ensure staff are working according to workplace rules
- Assume responsibility for recruiting process of all staff candidates in the office. Ensure advertising and job placement is appropriate for all positions to generate a valuable candidate pool. Interviews candidates as appropriate, and makes recommendations to managers regarding quality candidates.
- Stays abreast of new human resources processes and market trends including current and pending federal, state, and local employment laws or court precedents.
- Acts as lead resource for human resources questions, issues, initiatives, programs and processes.
- Provides guidance and direction with regards to employee development and relations issues including hiring, training, and counseling, coaching, and disciplining employees.
- Counsels staff who are not meeting firm standards and creates plans for improvement. Makes recommendations with respect to employee terminations. Coordinates exit procedures, conducts exit interviews and maintains reports that track employee turnovers.
- Interprets and implements the companies Human Resources policies.
- Minimum 5 years experience in similar role, experience in the legal field considered an advantage
- Knowledge of employment law and HR practices and updates
- Ability to handle confidential information
- As this is an inaugural position, candidate must be confident establishing new internal procedures within a dynamic, fast paced and creative work environment