We are a casino located in the South Bay (southwestern) region of Los Angeles County, California – and presently seeking a Human Resources Assistant. The ideal candidate will be capable of learning our systems with minimal supervision. He or she should be extremely organized and have great time management skills. The HR Assistant will provide support to the HR Manager/Director.
• Assist employees with leave questions and check leave eligibility
• Enter leave information in the HRIS system and prepare a leave packet
• Assist the Corporate Benefits Manager with benefits inquiries including new enrollments, changes, terminations as well as employee payments
• Maintain records of employee injuries/illnesses
• Coordinate employee events such as Service Star of the Month, Employee Anniversary Party, Employee Holiday Party, etc.
• Assist employees with annual compliance training (Title 31 & Responsible Gaming) and recertification
• Maintain all employee files with 100% accuracy
• Perform other general administrative and clerical support for the Human Resources Manager
• 1-3 years’ experience in Human Resources
• Solid skills in Word, Excel, etc.
• Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written.
• Ability to regularly communicate in a manner that is respectful, professional, and collaborative
• Must be an energetic and self-initiated individual with a strong desire to succeed and excel
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
• Strong sense of urgency and excellent follow through
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
The successful candidate will be required to pass a Drug Screen and Background Check.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers