Leading foundation focused on the arts is seeking an HR Manager. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual to work for one of the most well-respected organizations on the West Coast. As the HR Manager, you will be hands-on with all HR initiatives including recruitment and employee relations. Our ideal candidate has a demonstrated history of successfully implementing HR processes within a fast-paced environment.
QR Code Link to This Post
• Presiding over recruiting efforts for the museum and internal family office, including interviewing candidates, sending offer letters, and working with managers on training
• Acting as the internal point of contact for benefits administration, worker’s compensation, leave of absences and other inquiries
• Tracking archives pertaining to employment status, taxes, and annual ACA reporting
• Communicating with third-party vendors on behalf of the HR department
• Receiving and escalating employee concerns or issues
• Coordinating annual review process with team managers and HR Director
• Ensuring utmost compliance with federal and state employment and benefits laws
• Strategizing and implementing processes to improve workflow efficiency and value
What we’re looking for:
• 5-7+ years of experience in HR, with 3+ years in a Generalist capacity
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required; PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SCP certification strongly preferred
• Demonstrated knowledge of state, federal, and local employment laws
• Ability to recruit and retain top talent; proven commitment to a positive employee experience
• Background or interest in museums or contemporary art a plus
• Proficiency in MS Office, Access, and an HR/web-based payroll software (PayDay a plus)
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; intuitive and service-oriented demeanor
• Impeccable attention to detail and accuracy, with a strategic, resourceful way of solving problems
• Sensitive, discreet approach to private information
• Proven capability to manage several active projects at once and keep them running efficiently
• Extremely positive, driven approach to work
Please submit your resume for immediate consideration.
We suggest that you ensure you have updated your LinkedIn profile and that you start collecting your references early. You can use www.workgrades.com to collect and manage your references for free, and share them with us or anyone else you choose.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.