DYNAMIC Post-Bar Law Clerk NEEDED for Boutique Beverly Hills Family Law Firm
Are you attending law school and seeking a great opportunity for hands-on experience? Are you unusually organized and detail oriented? Do you love people and enjoy making clients happy? Do you feel fulfilled when working as part of a hardworking team? Do you enjoy writing and communicating? Do your past employers describe you as the best employee they ever had? If so, keep reading . . .
We are a fast-paced boutique family law firm located in the heart of Beverly Hills that is looking for an DYNAMIC full-time summer law clerk to join our growing team! We're looking for someone who will assist our office with legal research and writing, drafting blog articles, file management and organization, document preparation, letter writing, assisting with incoming client calls, running errands, and providing overall support to the office and legal team.
We look for individuals who have the ability to "wow" our clients with every phone call and interaction, always go above and beyond with a smile, and find great satisfaction in providing EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE at all times.
The Ideal Candidate
- Is a J.D., post-bar awaiting bar results or an International LL.M student
- Has at least 1 year of professional work experience with excellent references
- Has a positive and upbeat attitude
- Is a quick-thinker and a problem solver
- Has Excellent time management capabilities
- Loves working as part of a driven team
- Is extremely organized and detail orientated
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment
- Is self-motivated and proactive
- Get's things DONE!
- Has "multi-tasker" as their middle name -- look up "triage" -- it's an accurate description of our day -- we're constantly re-arranging tasks depending on what's important -- that fast-paced type of environment should excite you, not scare you
- Is totally committed -- we give 100% every day
- Never lets the words "that's not in my job description" come out of their mouth
- Is a natural communicator -- has grace even in the toughest of circumstances
- Has a personality we'll actually LIKE being around (it's a small office -- if you're moody/emotional please move on -- for all our sakes)
- Enjoys responsibility and taking "ownership" of tasks
- Is proficient with Mac computers and Microsoft Office
- Has tough skin, isn't dramatic, and can counteract difficult/emotional clients with empathy and positivity
- Possesses superior writing abilities
- ALWAYS wears a smile!
- Meets deadlines without sacrificing quality
- Is always Punctual, reliable, and extremely dependable
Duties include legal drafting, drafting pleadings, drafting blog articles, managing and organizing client files, assisting the attorneys and legal team, running errands, filing, ensuring the office is organized, answering phones, preparing documents, writing letters, and providing general support to the team.
- Full-Time: Mon-Fri 8:00am to 6:00pm
- Monthly salary (bi-weekly pay period) of $45,000 annualized
- Medical benefits (Health, Dental, Vision) available to full time employees upon hire
- 2 Weeks Paid Vacation available to full time employees over the course of one year
- 401(k) with employer matching to full time employees with at least six months of work history at firm
- Upon proven track record of success, principal attorney will write recommendation letters and provide references
If interested, please respond by submitting your resume AND a short paragraph in the body of your e-mail detailing why you are interested in this specific position and how you feel your traits/experience make you an ideal candidate.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers