compensation: Compensation is dependent upon experience and demonstrated ability. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Immigration law firm is hiring a BILINGUAL paralegal or legal assistant immediately. You must have full command of English and Spanish and be able to communicate both verbally and in written form in both languages. Training will be provided to the right candidate for this position.
the ideal candidate will be a demonstrated hard worker, be self-motivated, be well organized and have solid computer skills.
You should therefore be able to inspire confidence in Spanish-speaking clients, manage client calls and appointments with limited supervision, be able to write in English well, and have a positive, caring attitude focused on assisting the unification of families as quickly as possible. If you are simply looking for a job and a steady paycheck instead of a growth opportunity, this position is not for you.
At minimum, you should be able to handle the following duties:
* Effectively speak and write Spanish at a business level
* Interact with other Firm members to identify work that needs to be performed
* Efficiently and quickly prepare client applications (e.g., cancellation of removal, employment authorization, deferred action, waivers) and bond packets -- we will train
* File hard copies and electronic copies of documents within the Firm's filing system
* Prepare and mail written correspondence
* Communicate with clients and potential clients regarding information needed from them
* Ensure that client files are complete and all information and documents have been obtained
Compensation is dependent upon experience and demonstrated ability. Please e-mail your complete resume with references and cover letter.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers