compensation: Commensurate with experience, competitive base salary + substantial commission opportunities employment type: full-time telecommuting okay
QR Code Link to This Post
Charitable.com is looking for an experienced, fully-remote, Digital Sales Manager with strong knowledge of the digital media landscape, including social media sites like Instagram and Facebook, to join a new startup with a dedicated team in San Diego and Los Angeles. This is an opportunity for an experienced digital sales and media pro to put their experience to use and take a groundfloor leadership role while building an incredible sales operation in the influencer marketing space!
Sound like an opportunity you’d crush?
As Digital Sales Manager, you will:
- Field warm leads from the partners’ considerable brand and influencer relationships, help close those deals, and eventually build the baddest sales team in the influencer and social media marketing space
- Initially, as an army of one (you), lead new sales within the existing structure while supporting and helping to expand current lead gen efforts, and constantly and proactively identifying and securing new partnership opportunities. This is a hands-dirty sales role where you’ll be expected to sell, close, and manage accounts and relationships as we grow
- Generate new leads by DM’ing brands and influencers on Instagram, and other creative means (which future Sales Reps will take over as hired)
- Measure, track, and report on how sales efforts are performing and advise team members on how to proceed using that data
- Work with the Head of Marketing/GM to create and implement sales campaigns
Manage input from cross-functional stakeholders (internal and external partners, creative team, legal, compliance, etc.)
- With demonstrated leadership abilities, in the near future, recruit, train, and manage a team of Client Services Reps
Compensation, Perks and Benefits:*
- $100/mo Cell Phone Service Reimbursement
- $150/mo Health Club Membership Reimbursement
- 15 Days PTO
- Coffee & Bountiful Snacks
- Lots of wearable swag
- Expense reimbursement for mileage (directly relating to work performed and outside of normal work travel)
- Competitive base salary + Substantial Commission Opportunities
*After successful 90-day contract to hire term, we will extend a full-time offer with traditional benefits (health/vision/dental).
- We’re a startup that’s working with the biggest celebrities and influencers in the world to create powerful Instagram and social media marketing campaigns.
- Each campaign we run supports a nonprofit cause with a substantial cash donation and enlists the help of celebrities and influencers with huge social media followings to promote fun giveaways with luxury prizes and cash.
- Create meaningful work in a continuously evolving industry - and bonus - actually help make the world a better place.
Required experience and technical proficiencies:
- 3+ years proven work experience in digital media sales, ideally in influencer or social media marketing. Or, other highly-relevant sales experience.
- Exceptional and polished sales, presentation, and communication skills (written and oral)
- Solid understanding of Instagram marketing and ability to speak confidently about related efforts with prospective campaign clients, brands, agencies, etc. You’ll be expected to effectively communicate the benefits of expanding their social following, use basic related terminology very well, and be able to close deals for both one-off and multi-month contracts
- Data is your friend. Not only do the numbers tell the story, they also help to inform your sales strategies, and you’re experienced in providing regular reports for internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to comfortably and efficiently use the following apps and tools:
Google Business Suite (G Docs, Sheets, Slides)
CRMs (we use PipeDrive)
Presentation Analytics (we use DocSend)
E-Sign apps (DocuSign, HelloSign, etc.)
Social media, specifically Instagram and Facebook
Project and Task Management Software (we use Asana)
Communications Apps (we use Slack, Telegram and WhatsApp)
Attributes you need to be successful in this role:
- Motivated, organized, high-energy individual with a true growth mindset to lead our sales efforts
- High-energy, magnetic personality
- Immersed in Internet culture
- Super organized and efficient with both your time and others’
- Confident, personable communicator, both in digital form and in-person
- Authenticity - you’re able to represent the company well and meet sales goals while building lasting relationships due to your genuine belief in and expert-level understanding of the mutually-lucrative opportunities you’re presenting
- Greater appreciation for the cause/charitable component of our efforts to genuinely convey its benefits as part of our company story in your sales communications
- Growth mindset - you believe in the benefits of self-critique and constructive feedback from others, and you’re constantly looking for new ways to grow your abilities, help others do the same, and surprise even yourself by what you’re capable of
- Results-driven. While it’s pretty par for the course to see this in job postings, it’s particularly relevant in this role, as it’s critical that your job satisfaction is rooted in achieving sales and growing our sales infrastructure, and not in the glamour and excitement often associated with the celebrity/influencer space
- Leadership skills. You take pride in setting the tone for your team and are comfortable hiring, training, mentoring, and ensuring the accountability of those reporting to you
- Follow the application instructions and submit your resume to ryan[@]scalablegroup.com
- Answer the questions in our applicant survey here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/GC9CWTK
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities