compensation: College Credit Only employment type: part-time internship
QR Code Link to This Post
**NOTE: FOR COLLEGE CREDIT ONLY**
The Visionary Group is an award-winning full-service experiential marketing agency, specializing in Creative Strategy, Brand Activation, Integrated Marketing and Event Production. We help bring brands to life through innovative experiences that engage people on an emotional, intellectual, and physical level. We produce a wide range of projects - everything from product launches to festival events to immersive escape room experiences.
We are seeking talented Fall Interns who have an interest in planning experiential events, and are looking to gain firsthand knowledge and experience in all aspects of the industry. You will work directly with our Creative and Production Teams, providing assistance on events - from start to finish - in the areas of creative strategy, planning, design, vendor coordination and onsite production work. This is only for college credit.
This is an awesome “real world” experience for college undergrads seeking college credit or recent graduates looking to gain more experience to build onto their resume. You can commit 20-30 hours a week at our Torrance office. At the end of your internship, we will provide resume help and write you a glowing letter of recommendation based on your outstanding work at TVG.
What You’ll Be Doing:
• Research venues, activations, decor, etc.
• Participate in brainstorm sessions and client meetings
• Research client (and potential client) brands, identifying brands’ goals, objectives, and past experiential activations
• Assist with pre and post production of events
• Act as a runner/assistant to the event producers, coordinators, and assistants on-site at events when needed
• Assist in management and purchases of decor, rental furniture, and on-site expendables
• Assist with budget closeout post-events
• Assist with contracting and sourcing venue information for projects, including availability, rental fees, A/V, catering, and permitting
• As your final project, you’ll be tasked to create a “made up” event deck from start to finish, which you will present to the production team on your last day
• You have a laptop, a valid driver’s license and a mode of transportation
• You are looking to fulfill Fall semester college credit with this unpaid internship
• You can commit 20-30 hours a week
• You are excited about Event Production, Marketing, and Project Management
• You’re a first-class team player and you can go with flow
• You thrive in a fast-paced team environment, and you work well under deadlines/last minute tasks
• You are internet savvy and are familiar with Word, Excel, PowerPoint/Keynote, and Google Docs
• You have exceptional time management skills, you’re always on time, and you’re able to multitask and prioritize
• You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• You enjoy working in a fun environment and have a positive, “can-do” attitude
• You have prior experience in events, production, and/or merchandising (not required, but a plus)
**NOTE: FOR COLLEGE CREDIT ONLY**
How to Apply
In the subject line, write: “I want to be your Intern!”
Within that email please send us your Resume, Cover Letter, and answer the following questions: (1) What is your spirit animal?
(2) What is your favorite movie/show?
(3) What is a cool event/place that you checked out recently?
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers