compensation: $85,000 - $115,000 with 14 paid holidays per year plus health and dental insurance for employee and dependents employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Who we are: Mobile Deluxe is the publisher of Solitaire Deluxe®, the #1 solitaire brand on the Apple App Store with over 30 Million downloads life-to-date. Solitaire Deluxe 2® is a bonafide blockbuster, consistently ranking in the top 100 of the Top Games chart on iOS. We are one of the leading mobile game publishers in the US and have been for more than 18 years! Our focus is on casual, social games with great UI and deep design that achieves simplicity. We (probably) offer more holidays than where you work currently, and we're (almost certainly) closer to the beach.
Who you are: a game player who deviates from the “gamer” stereotype and appreciates the simple beauty of casual games. Your Nana taught you to play Solitaire/Hearts/Spades as a youngster and you’ve held a soft spot for card games in your heart ever since. You love to mentor artists and you take pride in seeing them produce exceptional work. You have meticulous attention to detail; you may have been known to take screenshots of other people’s apps just so you can zoom in and confirm that a layout has an alignment issue of just a couple of pixels.
Mobile Deluxe seeks an Art Director to guide the creative direction for our apps and manage our production and marketing art processes. The Art Director oversees all art projects and staff, and is responsible for the direction and quality of work produced by the artists. This person will ensure that our UI/UX is clean and intuitive and maintain our commitment to creating the best-looking casual games in the App Store. The Art Director will also have a hand in designing and managing the creation of marketing images and videos.
• Manage the art team across all active projects and marketing endeavors
• Ensure that final production art is up to expected standards of design and polish
• Give hands-on detailed feedback to internal and external artists
• Assess various concepts and solutions for design projects and select the best ones
• Manage time projections and resource assignments for all art projects
• Define art standards and processes
• Identify opportunities for improvement within the creative workflow
• Examine competitive products to keep abreast of current design trends
• Design experience in the entertainment and/or game arenas
• Bachelor’s degree in Arts, Graphic Arts, or related field is required
• 5 – 10 years of professional experience and leadership in the art production field is required
• Strong experience in User Experience and User Interface design
• Ability to apply storytelling and art direction concepts to specific projects
• Successful track record in leading a multidisciplinary creative team
• Excelent grammer skils and the ability to communicate clearly
• Ability to take a step back and evaluate a project concept from a high level
• Ability to evaluate the current creative processes and suggest changes to improve efficiency
• Must be able to show a portfolio of previously published work demonstrating proficiency in design and execution
Mobile Games, iPhone, Apple, Android, Google, Facebook, Twitter, Social Games, Art Director, Creative Director, Designer, UX, UI, User Interface, Casual, Cards, Puzzle, iOS
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers