Labcompare, a division of CompareNetworks, is the leading online buyer’s guide for laboratory equipment and practical resources for laboratory scientists. We are currently looking for an Associate Editor.
If you are passionate about applied sciences, looking to get out of the lab, totally into writing about science, eager to stay current with applications and products for the lab, excited to work with an awesome team helping scientists become more productive, and enthusiastic about traveling to key scientific meetings then we have the job for you!
Working with a team of freelance writers and editors, the Associate Editor will assist in the ongoing development and execution of our content strategy, support our editorial mission, disseminate content through social media, act as a liaison between editorial, sales, production, IT, and other support departments, edit and write feature articles and other content as needed, and establish solid professional relationships with authors, industry experts, and other internal and external contacts.
The ideal candidate should have writing experience within research, the laboratory industry, or other relevant fields, at least a bachelor’s degree in the applied sciences, the ability to thrive in a deadline-oriented environment, curiosity about a wide range of applied scientific topics, and excellent writing and editing skills.
• Partner with sales for customer engagement in content projects and editorial approach
• Join internal meetings for creative content discussions
• Travel with sales to visit key customers to present best editorial approach to meet customer needs
• Engage with customers at leading science conferences to discuss lab technology and Labcompare’s content offerings
• Edit articles and content to style guide
• Write at least one feature article a month
• Post daily science news
• Coordinate Labcompare content-related projects, product review submissions, and social media
• Coordinate production of Labcompare eNewsletters
• Represent Labcompare in an editorial capacity at major meetings/events and communicate editorial mission to customers.
• Focus on establishing relationships with key opinion leaders
• Bachelor’s degree in a Life or Applied Science (required)
• 1 - 2 years’ experience writing in research, laboratory industry, or related field
• Ability to work closely with sales
• Comfortable discussing science and lab technology with high level customers
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel, basic HTML coding, a plus
• Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills
• Strong online content production and social media experience
• Working knowledge of SEO, a plus
• Must have strong organizational and interpersonal skills, detail-oriented, and have the ability to handle
multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to work independently and remotely to meet team goals with minimal supervision a
• Ability to travel (domestic and international)
• Working knowledge of content management systems, a plus
• An extensive network within the industry, a plus
Labcompare (www.labcompare.com) is the leading laboratory buyer’s guide and online resource for up-to-date product information and new technologies for laboratory professionals in applied sciences including: analytical chemistry, clinical diagnostics, environmental sciences, food testing, forensic sciences, cannabis testing, and other applications. Labcompare combines in-depth knowledge of the products and technologies used by laboratory professionals with the expertise to provide articles, product reviews, videos, newsletters, product reviews, and other content designed to educate and inform lab professionals through every step of their buying journey. Labcompare continually strives to serve laboratory professionals to help facilitate product discovery and technology education, compare products side-by-side, and request quotes from manufacturers.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers