compensation: Competitive wage and benefits offered employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Full Time Security Agent at Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, ensuring the safety and wellbeing of our Colleagues, guests and visitors is an integral part of our operations. As a Security Agent, your attentiveness, efficiency and commitment will ensure your hotel remains a safe, enjoyable workplace and travel destination.
Hotel Overview: Situated atop the scenic bluffs overlooking Santa Monica Beach, Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows is just a stone's throw away from some of Southern California’s best attractions including Santa Monica Pier and its historic carousel as well as Third Street Promenade -- famous for its fine restaurants, live entertainment, movie theatres, shopping, local artists' scene and a weekly farmer’s market.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director, Security, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
• Ensure the overall safety and security of the hotel guests, Colleagues and hotel premises
• Act as a member of the Emergency Response Team, responding in cases of fire, accident, safety concerns and calls for medical assistance
• Ensure that any violations to law or hotel policy is investigated and reported
• Correct and report any fire hazards or health and safety hazards
• Report and investigate occurrences of accidents, complaints, criminal activity, and crisis situations
• Conduct regular floor patrols, cash counts and crowd control
• Conduct departmental key control audits and maintain key control records
• Maintain computer records of all actions in a Daily Activity Report
• Assist guests regarding hotel facilities in an informative and helpful way
• Follow department policies, procedures and service standards
• Follow all safety policies
• Other duties as assigned
• Previous experience in a Security role required
• Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
• Full availability for rotating schedule
• Certification in CPR First Aid an asset
• University/College degree in a related discipline preferred
• Must possess a professional presentation
• Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
• Highly responsible & reliable
• Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
• Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
• Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
• Standing and walking throughout shift
• Lifting and carrying
• Kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
• Ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States of America.
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity.
Our Sustainability Partnership program represents our ever-expanding commitment to being a responsible business and to following the principles of sustainability across our operations, the world over. An exciting future awaits!
Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers