compensation: $55,000 to $60,000 per year plus Bonus and Commission Potential employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Biomedical Engineering Technician
Medical Electronic Systems (www.mes-global.com) is a Los Angeles based technology company specializing in rapid, automated semen analysis for the human and the veterinary markets. The MES line of CE and FDA cleared Sperm Quality Analyzers, complementary testing kits and disposable testing supplies are sold through an extensive network of international distributors. MES is ISO certified as a medical manufacturer and has wholly owned distribution offices in America, Europe, China and Israel.
The Biomedical Engineering Technician is a half field-based and half office-based customer service role that supports customers on Medical Electronic Systems’ laboratory diagnostic equipment at customer sites across the USA/Canada and remotely by telephone and web conference. As a representative of Medical Electronic Systems, you will represent the company to the customer. You must love troubleshooting, problem solving, customer service, instrument repair and lots of travel to succeed in this position.
The Biomedical Engineering Technician reports to the Service Manager and the General Manager.
• Perform service, preventative maintenance, training, troubleshooting, and new product introduction at customer sites with minimal supervision while in the field.
• Provide technical/clinical support and training on MES instruments to customers by phone and web conference while in the office.
• Package, ship, and track shipments of medical devices and loaner instruments.
• Perform repairs on medical devices in house.
• Manage company assets to include; computer, tools, inventory parts, loaner instruments, etc.
• Establish and maintain proper business relationships with customers and peers.
• Perform necessary administrative duties accurately.
• Maintain detailed service records of customer systems.
• Design and implement customer training programs including weekly web training sessions.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Ability to travel to all States in the USA and Canada up to 150 days per year.
• Extremely good customer service skills to include; listening, patience, troubleshooting, problem solving, and communication.
• Experience in testing, repairing and maintaining capital medical equipment.
• Strong electronics and computer background needed.
• Proficient in the use of tools and service test equipment.
• Able to work both individually and in an established team setting.
• Self-starter with strong customer service skills as well as excellent communication skills.
• Ability to operate remotely from the main office with minimum supervision.
• Demonstrate excellent judgment in customer relations and in managing company resources; strong competency in instrument systems technology to include clinical, mechanics, electrical, chemistry, and software technology.
• Experience in a medical laboratory.
• Able to interface with customers in a positive professional manner.
• Ability to think and act in a logical and methodical way.
• Must be highly proficient in Salesforce, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint and be able to utilize computer-based tools for reports, email and for general communication.
• Hold a current valid driver’s license and passport (international travel may be required).
• Ability to lift 50 pounds.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Previous travel and field service experience is desired.
• 2+ years of experience as a medical technologist or field service engineer (biomedical engineer) servicing diagnostic instruments preferred.
• Technical degree or equivalent biomedical engineering degree.
• Background or coursework in electronics, chemistry, biology or natural sciences.
4 Year Biomedical Engineering, Computer Science or Equivalent Degree preferred. Associates degree or vocational technical training mandatory. Specialized skill training/certification is a bonus.
Please e-mail only. No calls or drop ins!
OK for recruiters to contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers