The Bicycle Mechanic work in a team to maintain maximum uptime and functionality of the bicycle fleet and a high-quality experience for our patrons. The Mechanic team will also provide bike repair support to qualifying Bicycle Transit Systems bike commuters. Team members will work collaboratively with Dispatch, Field Techs, and report to the Lead Mechanic.
• Assemble, maintain, and repair fleet of bicycles for bike share system.
• Complete annual refurbishments on fleet.
• Conduct monthly safety checks on fleet in warehouse and outside.
• Ride a bicycle to perform in-field repair and inspection work; will require 2 or more days of field work per week.
• Diligently maintain accurate service repairs for all work completed.
• Follow procedural guidelines and company policies for all work performed.
• While in the field, interact with bike share passholders and the public in a friendly and professional manner.
• Work under the guidance of the direct supervisor and/or Operations Manager.
• Assist in the assembly and programming of new bikes as our system expands.
• Maintain and repair mechanical and electronic components of bikes as needed to manufacturer specifications.
• While performing field work, communicate with Dispatch regarding location and condition of equipment; respond to Dispatch in accordance with company's communication policy.
• Perform preventative maintenance.
• Perform commuter benefit repairs for qualifying BTS staff.
• Communicate with other staff and supervisors to improve operations.
• Give feedback to other team members and receive feedback gracefully.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Repair bikes in workshop, completing maintenance tickets as repairs are finished.
• Conduct field safety checks on bikes at stations.
• Organize and clean work bench and shop.
• Complete annual refurbishments on bikes as needed.
• Assist Lead Mechanic with managing inventory.
• Have check-in with supervisor.
• Participate in team meetings.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
• Bicycle mechanic experience preferred -hands on, technical experience necessary; other mechanical backgrounds considered.
• Proven technical and mechanical aptitude, innovation and critical thinking.
• Must be a team player with a positive attitude.
• Strong Communication and interpersonal skills.
• Proficiency with computers and the ability to learn new software.
• Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, delays or unexpected events.
• Ability to follow instructions, receive direction and solicit feedback to improve performance.
• Highly organized.
• An eye for safety in everyday tasks.
• Excitement and interest in bike sharing.
• Sense of humor.
Physical Requirements and Special Demands:
• Frequently bend, stoop, and twist throughout the day.
• Regularly lift objects up to 50+ lbs and carry objects of this weight for distances up to 150 feet.
• Perform work while standing for prolonged periods of time.
• Repetitive motion required of the wrists, hands, or fingers occasionally throughout the work day
• Working and riding a bicycle outdoors in various temperatures including rain, cold and heat conditions.
• Comfortable with working in busy outdoor urban environments.
• Maintain regular, punctual attendance in accordance with company and department policy.
• This position may require hours that exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week.
Applications must include a cover letter, a brief outline of your ability to meet the qualifications, and your current resume.
Note: Your cover letter should address why you are interested in this particular job.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers