We are GMAD/Globe Life And Accident Insurance Company, a highly successful Digital Marketing division of Torchmark Corporation, a Fortune 500 company. Our rapidly expanding Web Operations group in Culver City (Silicon Beach) is looking to hire a Build and Release Engineer to facilitate SDLC processes using Agile methodology. Our operation is fully in AWS. Experience with adhering to NY DFS requirements a plus but not required. You will be responsible for improving and maintaining our current build process and bringing it to the next level. You will design, architect, and implement tools to help optimize our engineering workflow. Position reports directly to the Senior Engineering Manager, Full Stack Web Development.
The DevOps Build and Release Engineer will have at least 2-4 years of work experience and some knowledge of Docker, Amazon Web Services and Linux operating systems. Experience with ECS with Fargate is a strong Plus. This includes system configuration and performance tuning, scripting, automation, monitoring, troubleshooting in a 24/7 production environment, and network support. A successful applicant will be a self-starter and detail-oriented.
Benefits are generous and include a Pension Plan, 401K matching, and health/dental insurance. We are a small office (<15 People) with a great working environment. We enjoy an entrepreneurial culture as well as the stability that comes with a Fortune 500.
• Develop and maintain build platforms, packaging, deployment, testing and releases.
• Work closely with developers in supporting new features and services
• Resolve build issues.
• Manage source code, change control, configuration management, and build deployment activities.
• Deploy and maintain server-side applications and services on AWS development and production environments.
• Creation and management of release notes.
• Project and Resource management to include communication to key stakeholders.
• Manage Containers using Docker
• Use Terraform to build and update AWS environments
• Manage build pipelines in AWS with CodePipeline
• Monitor infrastructure stability and performance
• Troubleshoot infrastructure
• Ensure system and network security
• Document system design and procedures
* BS/CS/Math Equivalent
* Demonstrated success at managing tasks to strict deadlines
* Highly self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Experience with scripting languages, including Shell/Bash
* Advanced experience with Git source code management systems
* Hands-on experience managing deployments in AWS cloud infrastructure platform.
* Experience with Docker and CI/CD systems
This is a full-time position located in our Culver City (Los Angeles, CA) office. No telecommuting.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Globe Life is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers