We are GMAD/Globe Life And Accident Insurance Company, a highly successful Digital Marketing division of Torchmark Corporation, a Fortune 500 company. Our rapidly expanding Web Development group in Culver City (Silicon Beach) is looking to hire a sharp Web Developer with 5+ years of experience, some of which should be in a production environment. Benefits are generous and include a Pension Plan, 401K matching, and health/dental insurance. We are a small office (<15 People) with a great working environment. We enjoy an entrepreneurial culture as well as the stability that comes with a Fortune 500.
Duties: This hands-on position will be involved in the design, development and maintenance of successful lead generation and online application web sites. This is a senior level position for a software developer who is experienced and proficient in creating high-quality cloud-based web solutions, and is able to identify project requirements, formulate scalable software designs, and create high-quality web applications in an Agile SDLC environment. Experience with Project Management and leading a team is a strong plus but not required.
Candidate must have recent and solid experience with all the following, as all are used heavily in our core applications:
* Deep proficiency with PHP
* Proficiency with Linux (Ubuntu/Debian) & Apache
* Proficiency with Bash/Shell scripting
* Proficiency with MySQL, SQLite and/or PostgreSQL
* Proficiency with Git source code management systems (GitHub, AWS CodeCommit)
* Experience with CI/CD Workflows and Docker containers
* Experience using Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, Lambda, SQS, ECS)
* Experience with MVC frameworks
* Experience with web-service technologies (REST, SOAP)
* Experience with site management and deployment, particularly Amazon AWS
* AWS ECS / EKS with Fargate
* DynamoDB (or other NoSQL DB)
* Experience with Node.js
* BS/CS/Math Equivalent
* SOAP/REST/Web Services
* SOA (Service Oriented Architecture)
* Demonstrated success at managing tasks to strict deadlines
* Highly self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
This is a full-time position located in our Culver City (Los Angeles, CA) office. No telecommuting.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Globe Life is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers