Black Gurl Magic is a new online publication that will be launching in the next couple of weeks. We're dedicated to highlighting black women from all over the world who are leaving a footprint for others to follow. Our publication is devoted to informing, encouraging, and uplifting all black women to do their best and be their best. With a society full of competition, we believe that there's room for all of us to have a seat at the table. Black Gurl Magic is more than just a hashtag on social media, and we will strive to unapologetically honor one another and push each other forward one story at a time.
We are looking for self-driven, creative content writers who are passionate and believe in our mission and who are looking to build their portfolio for future jobs and internships. Work with us remotely for college credit, or for a freelance-style portfolio building experience. Our ideal candidates will possess the following:
• The ability to be work independently
• The ability to interview key figures, business owners, etc. with confidence
• The ability to be creative
• Very good written and grammatical skills with extra attention to detail
• Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Journalism, (Any related
degree if wanting an internship)
• Must be able to turn content in within a set deadline (2 articles per week)
• Outstanding computer skills
• Working knowledge of Word Press (preferred)
College Credit if working towards a degree. you must be able to commit to writing for us for at least 1 semester or 6 months.
• Updated resume
• Cover letter, indicating the reason for applying and wanting to write for us in a paragraph
or two as well as a little about yourself. We’d like to see a creative cover letter any CR
that looks like the run of the mill will not be read.
• Links to social media accounts (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook)
• Any links to published writing samples or portfolio
Application Period: October 14, 2019-October 18, 2019
We look forward to receiving your applications and hopefully, speaking with you soon!
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers