Are you an experienced writer with a background in literary analysis? A current/former teacher of English literature? Or an advanced degree holder in a literature-related field? This is the perfect freelance writing opportunity for you.
QR Code Link to This Post
SuperSummary.com is a provider of academic study guides that help students understand and analyze the books that they are reading in class. In the past, we have focused on creating full-length study guides (20+ pages), with detailed chapter-by-chapter summary and analysis. Now, we are looking to expand our offerings by hiring talented writers to create a series of shorter book summaries.
• Book summaries have a length of approximately 800-1,000 words.
• Summaries typically cover major plot points, important historical context, and any high-level analysis that will help readers understand the book. An example summary appears here: http://www.supersummary.com/a-walk-in-the-woods/summary/.
• Summaries are based on readily available source material; you don't need to read the whole book.
• We offer competitive compensation and typically expect our writers to be able to complete two to five summaries per week.
• Education: BA/BS in English, English Literature, Comparative Literature, Creative Writing, or a related field; Masters or PhD considered favorably.
• Teaching experience in English/English literature is a huge plus (although not required).
• Extensive previous experience with literary analysis and academic writing/editing is a must.
Ultimately, we are looking for writers who are interested in a long-term relationship with us that would involve working on several book summaries each month, with the potential to take on larger content projects (such as full-length study guides) in the future. If this project sounds like a good match for your skills and interests, we hope to hear from you soon.
Please complete and submit the application form here