This is the information age. News, data, opinions, analysis, commentaries, blogs and tweets fly through the airwaves 24/7, all potentially valuable to businesses if filtered strategically and delivered smartly. Industry Intelligence Inc. has proven delivery technology and is now seeking a business news writer to produce and promote the intelligence in our winning formula.
We have positions available in news editing/writing and in B2B media communications. Preference is given to candidates who have demonstrated skills in both areas.
As an editor/writer, you will make sense of the multitude of information out there, identify trends and summarize observations into business synopses or news stories for our industry clients. As a communications specialist, you will become a content champion and develop B2B media materials in a collaborative environment. You will meet with our sales team regularly to understand clients’ information needs, and you will promote the value of our content via press releases, case studies, blog, social media postings, flyers and other marketing media.
• Search for, gather, analyze, curate and categorize news and commentaries about assigned industries or topics
• Read investor relations materials (e.g. transcripts, annual reports, 10Q, press releases)
• Identify companies’ strategic initiatives, business performance drivers and market trends
• Summarize trends, executive presentations and expert opinions into short news stories
• Write headlines and short synopses
• Copyedit – you are responsible for quality assurance of content created, including participation in peer review as needed
• Create and edit graphics for marketing materials
• Create and edit web content
• Maintain a production schedule for news and marketing content
• Ability to exercise judgment to determine content relevance for our business readers
• Ability to meet daily publishing deadlines for news and B2B marketing content
• Ability to learn new concepts quickly with regards to trending industry topics, as well as how businesses and markets function
• Numerical and financial literacy: Ability to perform basic arithmetic and to round numbers, have a grasp of decimals, fractions and business terms such as revenue and profit
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively based on nature of assignment
• Self-motivated and dependable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, open-office environment
• High level of professionalism, with hands-on and results-driven personality
• Ability to be a harmonious team player while discussing your point of view respectfully with colleagues about work-related projects amid a diversity of opinions
• Strong collaborative spirit when working with colleagues throughout the company, including content, business development, sales, client care and IT
• Familiarity with MAC operating systems, Microsoft Office, online search engines, RSS feeds, tracking devices like Google Chrome Page Monitor, Photoshop and graphic design software
• Bachelor’s degree or above
• Strongly desired: Experience in grant writing, technical writing, business journalism, B2B or corporate communications; substantial coursework in business, economics, or public policy; written proficiency in languages important in emerging markets such as Latin America, China
Salary: We are seeking beginning to mid-level candidates. Starting salary is $41,000-$60,000/year, dependent on skills and experiences.
Our hiring process includes multiple rounds of interviews, written tests and a thorough background check.
Based in West Los Angeles, Industry Intelligence Inc. offers a casual and fun work environment that empowers employees to develop work-life balance. Pending successful completion of a probationary period, new employees will enjoy a range of personnel benefits including employer-sponsored medical insurance (with HMO and PPO options) and 401K retirement plan.
For 20 years, Industry Intelligence Inc. has been delivering market intelligence with high relevancy to leading manufacturers in North America. Our market expertise began in forest products—including wood, timberland, pulp and paper—and has since expanded to include packaging, food and beverage, personal & household care, pharmaceuticals, agribusiness, bioenergy, logistics and chemicals.
Please submit your resume, one-page cover letter, writing samples and contact information of three professional references to email@example.com. Acceptable writing samples include published news stories, blog and social media posts, marketing materials. Applications lacking any of the aforementioned documents and information will not be considered.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers