A nationally recognized digital philanthropy journal, Insidephilanthropy.com, seeks a Research Assistant/ Data Entry person to support day-to-day tasks, which includes 401 redirects, deep internet research, entering data for a complex and large website, communicating with internal stakeholders to meet research and data objectives. We are a team who works across the United States and come from a variety of research backgrounds and specialties with a passion for supporting philanthropy.
Based in Santa Monica, the Research Assistant/ Data Entry Specialist will be initially required to come into the office to collaborate directly with the Editor-in-Chief/President and Director of Research & Content Strategy. If you're not located in Southern California, you will require screen sharing capability, a working microphone and video on your laptop. Once trained, the position has some flexibility to work remotely. The position offers $15 an hour to start.
Many opportunities exist for long-term growth within the company and pay raises based on performance. This is a great entry-level opportunity for those seeking a career in media, marketing, journalism, tech, or communications. All applicants considered for the position will be expected to take a brief editing and research quiz to be completed at home on a deadline.
To apply for the position, please email a resume and brief introductory email (in lieu of a cover letter) to this ad by February 16th.
The position requires:
• Deep internet and humanities research skills
• Outstanding attention to details and cross-checking
• Tech savy (comfortable doing 404 redirects or be trained to do so)
• Ability to work independently with little oversight and able to identify and communicate issues encountered
• Ability to communicate clearly with the Research and Content teams
• Dedicating 10-15+ hours a week (or more if available)
• Supporting various teams with day-to-day tasks
• A BA degree or an advanced undergraduate student with at least a 3.2 GPA
• 2 references (professors' recommendations are fine)
• 1 year of research experience (as evidenced in a liberal-arts senior project or thesis, journalism fact-checking, etc.)
• a working laptop with wifi, video, sound, and screen sharing capability
• can-do attitude with a democratic approach
Not required, but a plus for future promotion opportunities:
• BA degree in a liberal arts-related major, journalism, etc.
• 2+ years of humanities-related research experience
• SEO knowledge / website development fundamentals
• Marketing experience
• Previous publications with links
• Previous editorial experience
• Outstanding writing skills
• Familiarity with philanthropy and donor advised giving (can be trained)
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers